Wednesday, July 3, 2019 – ISRAEL AND THE COMING REVIVAL
Pastor Troy Brewer, OpenDoor Church, Burleson, Texas
6th generation Texan
16 generation American
The only Jew in me is Jesus
WHAT EXACTLY IS A REVIVAL & HOW DO YOU START A REVIVAL?
- ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR STARTING A REVIVAL?
- IS A REVIVAL PART OF THE SOVEREIGN WILL OF GOD – MEANING HE HAS GOD ORDAINED CERTAIN SEASONS AND AND CERTAIN NATIONS TO EXPERIENCE AN OUTPOURING OF HIS PRESENCE?
- OR IS REVIVAL HEAVEN’S RESPONSE TO SOMETHING WE INITIATE?
- Can we preach or pray ourselves into revival?
- Is revival both a sovereign move of God and a response from heaven to the people who are crying lout for it?
ONCE REVIVAL HAPPENS, WHAT ARE OUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN MAINTAINING IT?
- God brings the fire but the priests keep it burning on the altar.
- God does it but you have to maintain it.
- How do you maintain the atmosphere that comes with revival that is far greater than the activity of revival.
- Is there a grace for revival?
The fear of the Lord is coming
- Habakkuk 3:2 – “O Lord, I have heard the report of you, and your work, O Lord, do I fear. In the midst of the years revive it; in the midst of the years make it known; in wrath remember mercy.”
- The apostle Paul, writing in the New Testament, told believers to be “perfecting holiness in the fear of God” (2 Corinthians 7:1).
- Again, in Ephesians 5:21, Paul instructed believers to be “submitting to one another in the fear of God.”
- In fact, walking in the fear of God characterized the church in the book of Acts. There we read that the churches were…
- “walking in the fear of the Lord” (Acts 9:31).
THE PRINCIPLE OF PRIORITY:
- THE BIBLE IS WRITTEN IN SUCH A WAY THAT EVEN HOW IT IS WRITTEN IS PROPHETIC
- Matthew 5:18 – For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
REPETITION IMPLIES IMPORTANCE.
- WHEN THE BIBLE HAS A HUGE EMPHASIS ON SOMETHING, WE SHOULD HAVE A HUGE EMPHASIS ON SOMETHING.
- The fear of God is so important, that the phrase “fear of the Lord” appears 27 times in the Bible (NKJV), “fear of God” appears 8 times, “fear Him” (with reference to God) appears 23 times, “fear the Lord” appears 33 times, “fear God” appears 17 times, “feared God” appears 5 times, “feared the Lord” appears 10 times, “feared Me” (with reference to God) appears once, “fear Me” (with reference to God) appears 8 times, “fears God” appears 4 times, “fears the Lord” appears 7 times, and “fears Him” (with reference to God) appears once.
- “THE FEAR OF THE LORD”
- 144 TIMES
- 12 X 12
- That’s at least 144 references to fearing God in the Bible, with 19 of those appearing in the New Testament.
THE FEAR OF THE LORD
- THE FEAR OF GOD MEANS TO PRIORITIZE WHAT GOD PRIORITIZES.
- THE FEAR OF GOD MEANS TO MAKE YOUR AGENDA ABOUT THE KINGDOM’S AGENDA.
- THE FEAR OF GOD MEANS TO MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF WHAT GOD MAKES A BIG DEAL OUT OF.
- THE FEAR OF GOD MEANS TO LOVE WHAT GOD LOVES AND HATE WHAT GOD HATES.
The first reason every Christian should love Israel is simply because Jesus loves Israel.
- The term “Israel” is mentioned 2,319 times in the Bible.
- Jerusalem is mentioned 810 times.
- He judges the nations according to the fruit they bear in how the walked in the fear of the Lord…
- The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations; Matthew 25:31 – “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’”
Acts of redemption
- Feeding the hungry
- Providing clean water
- Taking personal responsibility for unprotected people
- Clothing naked people
- Looking after the sick
- Having compassion on the imprisoned
- Matthew 25:37-40 – “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
- Taking responsibility for the care of Israel the way you would any vulnerable person.
We know that according to Romans 11:14 that the job of Christians is to provoke Israel to jealousy.
- How God blesses us
- How God loves us
- How God speaks to us and hand his hand upon us
But for those of us who support Israel, we should provoke our brothers and sisters in Christ to jealousy.
Look at how blessed they are.
- Look at how much favor they have.
- Look at the accelerated time frames they walk in.
- Look at how God gives the simple solutions to complicated issues.
- Look at the logistical miracles that God performs for them and we should be saying. “Jump in!!!!”
THE TIMES OF THE GENTILES IS FULFILLED
- It is revealed through scripture that when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled, the Messiah will return to a Jewish Jerusalem that cries out, “Blessed is he who comes the name of the name of the Lord.”
- The return of Jesus is not dependent upon a world-wide revival. The return of Jesus is waiting of an Israeli revival.
- This is the purpose of Jesus so we need to grow from just supporting the nation of Israel because Jesus loves Israel. Actually taking on His agenda to see Israel saved is a much deeper revelation of the FEAR OF THE LORD.
- IF YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE WHAT JESUS LOVES, YOU ARE GOING TO SUPPORT ISRAEL.
- IF YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE AND SUPPORT GOD’S PLAN FOR ISRAEL, YOU WILL SUPPORT THE MESSIANIC CHURCH.
I TRULY BELIEVE THE NEXT & LAST GREAT REVIVAL IS DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO HOW THE CHURCH IS RECONCILED WITH ISRAEL.
- THE SEPARATION OF JEW AND GENTILE MUST BE ADDRESSED AND WHERE WE CAN REPENT, WE NEED TO SIMPLY REPENT.
- IF ISRAEL PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN THE END TIME REDEMPTION OF THE WORLD, THE END TIME GENTILE CHURCH PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN MAKING SURE A REVIVAL CAN HAPPEN IN ISRAEL.
- SUPPORT OF THE MESSIANIC CHURCH IS VITAL
- IT’S ALWAYS BEEN IN THE HEAVENS …
- Psalm 133:1-3 – Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aaron, Running down on the edge of his garments. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Descending upon the mountains of Zion; For there the Lord commanded the blessing—Life forevermore.