TODAY’S PROPHETIC WORD
God has a perfect plan for your life. Align yourself with His will and you will see your upgrade come in. Keep pressing in!
THE WISDOM OF CLINTON
In my opinion, one of the greatest contributors to theological study is a guy by the name of J. Robert Clinton.
A senior professor of leadership at Fuller Theological Seminary, Clinton’s famous study on leaders who finished well is considered a groundbreaking revelation.
In it, he says:
“There are around 800 or so leaders mentioned in the Bible. There are about 100 who have data that helps you interpret their leadership. About 50 of them have enough data for evaluation of their finish. About one in three actually finished well. Anecdotal evidence from today indicates that this ratio is probably generous. Probably less than one in three are finishing well today.”
Clinton goes on to list the major reasons great people do not finish in great ways, but what I find interesting is his six characteristics of leaders who do finish well.
1) They maintain a personal, vibrant relationship with God right up to the end.
2) They maintain a learning posture and can learn from various sources, mainly life.
3) They manifest Christ-likeness as evidenced by the fruit of the Holy Spirit in their life.
4) Truth is lived out in their lives so that convictions and promises of God are seen to be real.
5) They leave behind one or more ultimate contributions.
6) They walk with a growing awareness of a sense of destiny and see some, or all of it, fulfilled.
In other words, people who finish well discipline themselves like Paul so they don’t become casualties. Remember, Paul ran his race, finished the course and kept the faith. He didn’t do it just for him, but for generations of Jews and Gentiles after him.
What about you? Did you check off any of the boxes above? If not, you can begin to forge these characteristics into your personality right now. Destiny and finishing well is a choice. What say you?
…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
– Isaiah 40:31
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO CHOOSE TO BE A LEADER. GO AFTER YOUR DESTINY AND DON’T STOP UNTIL YOU ARE ACROSS HEAVEN’S FINISH LINE. THE LOST AND HURTING ARE COUNTING ON YOU!
From my book Living Life Forward