TODAY’S PROPHETIC WORD
Stop straining for acceptance and worrying about how things look. The Word simply instructs you to ask, seek and knock to find the open door to fulfill your needs. Asking means that we will get an answer. Knocking requires action, as well as knowledge of which doors to knock on. Note to self – listen for and follow His instructions.
Thomas gets a raw deal in history. When he wasn’t in the upper room when Jesus first appeared to the disciples, Thomas was skeptical despite the testimony of his friends. You and I would likely be skeptical too. That doesn’t mean he should be labeled as the perennial doubter.
Feel like you doubt God too often? Do you tend to fall away when something bad happens or life gets hard? Feel like God is punishing you for something? He’s not. God’s not mad at you, so prove it to yourself! Pull out some paper and make a list of the following things:
1) The promises God has given you. It will keep you in times of trouble.
2) The miracles God has done in your life. This list will keep you trusting God.
3) The privileges and things you love about your life. This will keep you thankful.
4) The prayers God has answered in your life. It will help you continue to pray.
5) Testimonies of things that have happened in the lives of others. This helps you see how personal God is and what great things He is capable of doing.
6) The people God has put in your path who teach, encourage and help you become closer to the Lord.
This is your list of ready answers when your mind wants to doubt the love of God in your life.
If there is one thing we should never doubt, it is the love of God. He proved it when the Word left heaven to become a baby named Jesus. He proved it again when Jesus pointed to the Father and showed His compassion through teaching and healing. And He proved it a third time on Calvary as He was physically tortured and spiritually separated from the Father on the cross.
Praise God for His resurrection and the hope of eternity it brings! There’s no reason to doubt!
“Now therefore, write down this song for yourselves, and teach it to the children of Israel; put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for Me against the children of Israel.
– Deuteronomy 31:19
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO MAKE A LIST OF THE GOOD THINGS GOD HAS DONE IN YOUR LIFE. WHEN YOU START TO DOUBT, PULL IT OUT AND REMIND YOURSELF OF A GOD WHO GAVE IT ALL TO EARN YOUR LOVE AND TRUST.
From my book: Soul Invasion