May 12, 2019 – The determination of a Supernatural Mama
Pastor Troy Brewer, OpenDoor Church, Burleson, TX
- The act of coming to a decision, of fixing or settling a purpose.
- The decision or settlement arrived at or pronounced.
- The quality of being resolute; firmness of purpose.
The Bible has a lot to say about our responsibility and cooperating with God on our intentions and determinations.
Themes of standing firm, having diligence and persevering through to the end.
- There are 17 promises in the book of Revelation for Him who overcomes.
- Proverbs 12:24 – The hand of the diligent will rule…
- Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. – James 1:12
- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. – 1 Corinthians 16:13
- Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. – Romans 12:11-12
- 2 Thessalonians 16-17 – You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you. – 2 Chronicles 20:17
- May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace, give us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
- Luke 21:19 – Stand firm, and you will win life.
- The God-given ability to say things like, “It’s not over,” is part of learning to live a powerful Christian life.
- “This thing that has happened will not end me! I remember the promises God has given me.”
- Or “this terrible thing might have happened but the outcome God promised is still the same.”
- ISN’T THERE A GREAT DETERMINATION IN SAYING
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
DESPERATION – DESIRE
DESIRE – DETERMINATION
DETERMINATION – DESTINY
Your determination comes from your desires (want life).
Your desires are produced through your desperation.
Adoration is a disciplined emotional response to the love of God.
- Adoration is passion with intentionality.
- Affection is the state of being affected by something or the state of affecting something else.
- You think about things in a way to that you let it affect you.
- A great word for determination is ABIDING
Abiding means we value and honor our relationship with God above all others.
- John 15:4 – “Abide in Me, and I in you, as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.”
- When we keep our consciousness focused on God, our faith increases exponentially.
DIVINE DETERMINATION: SUPERNATURALLY HARD-HEADED
2 Samuel 21:10 – Now Rizpah the daughter of Aiah took sackcloth and spread it for herself on the rock, from the beginning of harvest until the late rains poured on them from heaven. And she did not allow the birds of the air to rest on them by day nor the beasts of the field by night.
11 And David was told what Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, the concubine of Saul, had done. 12 Then David went and took the bones of Saul, and the bones of Jonathan his son, from the men of Jabesh Gilead who had stolen them from the street of Beth Shan, where the Philistines had hung them up, after the Philistines had struck down Saul in Gilboa.
13 So he brought up the bones of Saul and the bones of Jonathan his son from there; and they gathered the bones of those who had been hanged.
14 They buried the bones of Saul and Jonathan his son in the country of Benjamin in Zelah, in the tomb of Kish his father. So they performed all that the king commanded. And after that God heeded the prayer for the land.
- A 3-year drought
- Joshua’s covenant with the Gibeonites
- The holocaust of the Gibeonites happened 40 years earlier and the Jews had to actually seek the Lord to find out why there was a famine.
- Seed sown 2 generations ago had brought a famine into the modern day and they had to deal with it.
- She is holding her vigil.
SHE IS STILL DEVOTED TO HER CHILDREN EVEN AFTER IT IS OBVIOUSLY OVER.
- NO MORE SHAME. NOT ON MY WATCH!
- I couldn’t do anything about that but I can do something about this. There’s gonna be redemption.
- I will not walk away from children in this shameful place. I will drive off anything – day or night – that would threaten the redemption of my children.
- She is devoted and faithful when no one else is.
- She is still being who she is supposed to me when no one else is.
- It’s gonna close, but not like this (closure).
HER LOVE FOR HER CHILDREN EMPOWERS HER
TO DRIVE AWAY THE THINGS
THAT WOULD DEVOUR THEM.
- Her passion for her kids was unexplainable. It didn’t make any sense. People thought that woman was crazy.
- She stays at her post from April or May all the way until October. She holds on. She is faithful until the rains come.
- The rain is coming.
IT IS YOUR DETERMINATION THAT REACHES THE KING
- God sees your determination!
- RIZPAH: A BURNING COAL
- A burning coal is a prophetic picture of redemption
- A mama is a catalyst for redemption.
- A mama is an agent for change and Kingdom transformation.
King Jesus, I know that my determination will reach you.
I’m not giving up. I’m still on my watch. I know that you see me.
Any place of shame that is in my family will be displaced by honor.
I am a burning coal. I am a catalyst for redemption.
I will never give up and I will see God’s goodness in the land of the living. In Jesus’ name, Amen!