A GOLDEN YEAR 1 – CROWNS AND ENDURING WORKS
Pastor Troy Brewer, OpenDoor Church, Burleson, Texas
I think one of the mistakes I’ve made in the past is labor and labor to come up with the prophetic word for the year, but not laboring and laboring to help people carry out the word for the year.
- James 1:22-25 (NKJV) – But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
- There is a lot of mistaken identity when it comes to not doing the word that you have received.
- James 2:14-17, 26 – What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
- You have to carry out what God tells you. You have to do the thing you are hearing God say He wants you to do.
IT IS ONE THING FOR GOD TO GIVE YOU THE BIG PICTURE. IT IS ANOTHER THING FOR YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE LOOK LIKE THE BIG PICTURE.
- IT’S ONE THING TO GET PREGNANT. IT’S A WHOLE OTHER THING TO SEE YOUR KID GRADUATE FROM UNIVERSITY.
- It’s one thing for God to to show you the plan for the tabernacle like He did Moses. It is a whole other thing for you to build the tabernacle according to that plan after you come down from the mountain and you are surrounded by knuckleheads.
YOU HAVE TO WORK OUT YOUR FAITH THROUGH GREAT COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION
James 2:26 – For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Three main themes I am sensing about the year 2019:
- GOLD: Supernatural Presence & Financial Breakthrough
- FAITH: A new grace for hearing and believing God for things much, much bigger than you
- FRUIT BEARING: The year your miraculous baby is born
- 79 – atomic number of gold
- GOLD IN THE NATURAL MEANS “WEALTH” or “FINANCES”
- It also signifies grandeur and prosperity
GOLD IN THE KINGDOM MEANS “THE MANIFEST PRESENCE OF GOD, HIS MAJESTY AND HIS KINGDOM COME”
So, which is it? The year of supernatural gold or the year of natural gold?
- 79 – Atomic number of gold
- 5779 (Hebrew calendar)
- 19 – gematria of the word gold
- 2019 (Gregorian calendar)
- I’ve got great news! It’s both!! It’s on both calendars!!
- This means it’s both natural and supernatural
THIS IS THE YEAR OF BEING CROWNED AND REWARDED
THE LORD WILL BLESS YOUR PURSUIT AND PUT A CROWN ON YOUR HEAD.
Psalms 21:1-3 – The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord; And in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! You have given him his heart’s desire, And have not withheld the request of his lips. You have proffered him blessings of good things, you have set upon his head a crown of fine gold.
- Be determined to overcome.
- Be determined to finish things and complete them with excellence.
THIS IS THE YEAR OF DOING THINGS THAT MATTER – ENDURING WORKS
1 Corinthians 3:12-14 – “Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare is, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.”
- Be purposed in your heart to be on the right team.
- Put away childish things.
- Be connected and activated in the things God has assigned you to.