CALENDARS 22 – A Word in Due Season
January 13, 2019
Pastor Troy Brewer, OpenDoor Church, Burleson, Texas
Hebrews 1:1-2 – God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds…
God speaks in different ways during different parts of our calendars and timelines.
- Why? EVERYTHING IN THE KINGDOM IS RELATIONAL BEFORE IT IS
- THERE IS A VERY SPECIFIC WORD FROM GOD FOR SPECIFIC PEOPLE AT SPECIFIC TIMES
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 – For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
- Luke 4:19-20 – …To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
- Psalms 75:2 (Amplified) – When the proper time has come, [for executing my judgments,] I will judge uprightly, (says the Lord.)
Sons of Issachar
1 Chronicles 12:32 – And of the children of Issachar, who were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were under their command.
Exodus 32:29 – For Moses had said, “Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD… that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.”
THERE IS A SPECIAL BLESSING THAT ONLY COMES FROM TIMES OF WHAT THE BIBLE CALLS CONSECRATION.
- Consecration and contemplation
- Consecration is about an intentional posture toward God’s presence.
- It’s about setting yourself apart in a specific way for God to bless you in a specific way.
- Hearing the trumpet blow.
- People who live life at a much higher level in Christ live a life committed to consecration.
- Psalms 16:8 – I have set the LORD always before me…
- Psalm 34:8 – “O taste and see that the LORD is good.”
- We only comprehend the goodness of God through personal encounter.
- When God begins to invite us into encounter with him, we agree and say, “Yes.”
- Psalms 27:8 – When you said, “Seek my face” my heart said unto you, “Your face, LORD, will I seek.”
- Psalm 85:5 – Blessed is the man whose…heart is set on pilgrimage.
- Luke 6:38 – …“For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
- The other thing we need to be dedicated to is contemplation – that we will take the notes we wrote down in this sermon series and during this upcoming conference and remember the things God is speaking to us. That we will meditate and think on them until we have come to supernatural and holy ghost conclusions that only the lord could take us to.
You have to want to think God thoughts.
- Psalms 1:2 – [a blessed man] has his delight on the teachings of the lord and he meditates on it day and night.
- WE WANT TO KNOW THE HEART OF GOD SO WE CAN RECOGNIZE THE VOICE OF GOD, AND WE CAN HAVE THE GUTS AND CHARACTER TO CARRY OUT WHAT GOD IS SPEAKING TO US IN 2019.
- Knowing God’s heart for us right now.
- Hearing God’s voice.
- Becoming empowered to carry out great vision.
GOD IS SPEAKING TO YOU, RIGHT NOW, A WORD THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING.
- A word in direct contrast to the what the world is saying and we must develop a huge value for the voice of God.
- HAVE A HIGHER VALUE FOR HIS VOICE
- Proverbs 15:23 – A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, and a word spoken in due season, how good it is!
- Proverbs 25:11 – A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.